Silver Rock Chardonnay 2009 (Bulgaria)

Colour: Champagne.
Smell; Very fruity.
Taste; An oak wooded soft fruit flavour.
What they say; Refreshing with fragrant peach and honeycomb flavours.

Verdict; No peach, definitely no peach and as for the honeycomb, that honey and wax, no that's not there either. Where do they get the buzz lines from? Strange this is a wine from Bulgaria and it is called Silver Rock, I do believe the Bulgarians aspire to the cowboys. That is bizarre in its on right, but to want to be like an American is a little deprived.
As I write this blog, and remember a blog is just a blog, thoughts, my thoughts, the Church Bells are announcing evening mass. A mournful tone, that is haunting and sad. All those who have faith of any kind, will tonight remember, the Matriarch, mother of Middle Earth and Councillor of Wisdom and Joy. Tonight we sacrifice a cow, a pig, a chicken and a fish in her honour, as a celebration of her longevity and her strong belief in us.

Time will come when she says goodbye to me, that time has not yet come and I am grateful for the respite. When she does I will inherit the mantle, that the Matriarch carried for years, this she did with distinction and pride. When that burden, she worn for as many years as I can remember, comes to me, I can only hope I will carry it with all the grace and humility she did. Abdication is not a choice; life must guide me, council, from those who love me, and my few years of experience will judge me.

In memory of the Matriarch we must celebrate her greatest love, the sea. Twice a day she would walk the beach, never missing a time to be close to those waves, the gulls and the chance to see a dolphin, a whale or those cheeky sardines. 'To feel the sand beneath her feet.' That was her life and that is going to be our enduring memory. The greatest gift she gave was the awareness of nature she felt daily.

All those of Middle Earth, always remember to tell your children and your grandchildren what the value of nature. Michael remembers her walking through Wareham Forest and making a boring walk into an adventure, voles, fungi, dog roses and beetles come to life. The song of a robin took on new significant. He will remember, he will pass that on to his children, let us do the same.

Comments

  1. My Mom, Matt, Lily and spent a day in Cairns Botanical Gardens and dedicated it to Gran. Every time I admire a flower, tree, bird, garden or even do some gardening of my own, I think of Gran. She's in every leaf, flower, bird and blade of grass in my back yard. She'll never be gone to me. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment