The Last day before Christmas

Come all you children; gather around, Santa is coming tonight. We are all children at heart and no one more so than me. I have woken these last two weeks marvelling at the magic of Christmas. We all make promises for the coming year but if I can, I would like to find a way to keep you safe from harm, a special place from the storm.

I see you everywhere, in the sky, a cloud, a breeze wanting me to wrap my arms around you. My Christmas children, when I look or remember your eyes, I sometimes see the shadows of things you had to endure, the lines of the tears that ran down your face. I can feel you, you are everywhere, I wish that all man kind was like you. I still wonder how many tumbles a child must take until they learn to walk.

Christmas eve and I reflect, what might have been but more importantly what was. Tomorrow I will write from Middle Earth, a place I love. It is filled with all those I love. Until then listen for those bells and if you listen very carefully you might hear them too. 'Now Dasher! 'Now Dancer! Now Prancer and Vixen! On Comet, on Cupid, on Donder and Blitzen! To the top of the porch, to the top of the wall, now dash away! Dash away, dash away all. Santa is on his way.

 

Comments