Summer


The sun is out and the beach is filling up fast, I am in Bournemouth, in a little Patisserie waiting for Robert, he is doing his theory test. The first steps to getting his driving licence, about time but if he gets his licence by Christmas I will be surprised. These multi choice questions do make it easier to pass and I believe they only have to get 80%.
The cricket is quite exciting at the minute, Australia all out for 60 and we are about to be bowled out for just under 400, interesting game and I am sure will have a close finish.

Robert did actually pass his theory, well done and beware those careful drivers in the UK, Robert will be the car behind you at sometime in your life.
Well the weekend has flown by as usual, I just need a day between Saturday and Sunday to slow it down a little. I was going to do a little housekeeping, tidying up and vacuuming but with so little time there is always next weekend. The boys use the whole house as their personal wardrobe and that leaves very little room for Susan, Sam and I. I cannot complain as they will soon be out the house and have one of their own.
Last night we had our first BBQ, Smoked Pork Sausages, BBQ marinated Chicken Breast, Cajun Spices Chicken Thighs, BBQ Rack of Rib and that favourite Hotties to compliment the home grown potatoes. In the spirit of teaching my boys to fend for themselves, I let Robert do the actual cooking and we must compliment him on delivering a tasty, well done, unburnt platter of food. 
Talking of Robert, today is his birthday, 19 and getting older by the minute. Took him to Sculptures by the Lake, educational visit.


"Youth is happy because it has the ability to see beauty. Anyone who keeps the ability to see beauty never grows old."
To finish, Susan and I took the SUP board down to the beach this morning, Sunday, after talking to Gary before he went to have a poo, shower and shave. We thought it might rain later, so with fair winds and sunshine, Susan took to the water like a duck to ... I really wanted to photograph the moment she fell off, but alas this aquatic hero stayed up right and came back dry. I have attached the photograph of this event as proof I am not getting a little senile. 
"Some people feel the rain, others just get wet."




Comments