The Cow for Breakfast

As we try and find new places to have our weekend breakfast, this half price offer was the natural choice for the bank holiday weekend. Poole is one of those seaside towns where the traffic over a bank holiday weekend is not for the faint hearted, so a trip to Ashley Cross, which is somewhat off the beaten track for the holiday makers was our obvious choice. 
On to the breakfast, staff very friendly and the full English breakfast for £ 6.50 with a bottomless coffee or tea seemed inviting. Food was good and the coffee just as good, but we were only given 1 item of everything, no toast and no mushrooms. So an egg, rasher of bacon, friend tomato, sausage, two hash browns, generous portion of baked beans will be your breakfast. This to me is a half English breakfast. 

I know you are saying, it is just another old guy moaning, but I am putting my money where my mouth is and have reviewed them on Trip Advisor. Quite favourable I might add but the little things that annoyed me, did get a mention. Bottomless cup of tea or coffee, not proper coffee like a espresso but filter coffee,  misleading I would say. Would I go back, maybe? Anyway, forever forward and upwards to bring the latest breakfast news to those who are not lucky enough to be able to frequent these most exotics of places.

Susan is off to Dubia for 12 days on Sunday, 38 deg C in the day and night time temperatures only down to 28, just the kind of weather she thrives on. Pity she will have to work but then there is always the late afternoon to swim. Robert has been voicing his displeasure at the heat in California, that is only 34 today. Bring on the winter is all I will say on the subject.

Comments

  1. You Pom's are never happy... food, weather, seaside traffic...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment