Christmas Trees

We have put a Christmas tree outside this year and decorated it with lights and Christmas baubles. Susan suggested it, something to do with God seeing the tree. Susan also suggested that maybe I can see it when I go for a wee pipe, as I am prone to do.
As you all know I am not a man of faith but Susan does enjoy a small degree of belief in a higher being, so if you are up there please have a good look, I am not sure if it is for you or me and I cannot miss it every time I go out, so it is up to you now. We are planning on sitting outside around the tree with the fire pit ablaze on Christmas Eve, maybe a sign to show your appreciation? Just a thought and I know Susan would be pleased.
Actually, sitting around the tree with a fire going should be fun and we can always go inside once we have taken the photo to prove it. Nights can be quite cold in the later half of December.
I have escaped the joys of IT and now you find me at the beach, enjoying a coffee and a view of a very deserted beach, dimming as the night creeps. The sea has lost its sparkle and even the break of the waves are tinged with gloom. A night only for fisherman and vagrants.
This ageing thing has its advantages, I find that I can go to the beach and enjoy a coffee, walk on the sand and not feel guilty, guilty about not working. Getting older has its surprises, I woke up the other morning to find my stomach has bloomed into the fullness of my 65 years or was it the tumble dryer shrinking me shirts.
Thinking about it, I suppose I go to the beach because so many people I love enjoy the beach. You can tick them off in your mind and suffice to say it gives me inspiration and moments of reflection.
Talking about the fullness of time, I can't help but think of the children in the UK. They cannot sit on Santa's knee anymore, no one will take the job for fear of being branded a paedophile. I think it is only in Australia that children can tell Santa their special Christmas wish. This politically correct world we live in has its drawbacks. Overzealous politicians have effectively killed the joy of Christmas for young children.
On that sombre note I wish you all the best for Christmas, may the joy envelope all of you and those you love.


Comments